Milton Leslight of Batemans Bay will be contesting the seat of Gilmore for the United Australia Party Team In the media release introducing Milton Leslight as a candidate it advises that "when elected Milton will with relentless determination fight for the community in the South Coast of NSW. Milton will stand shoulder to shoulder with internationally renowned and businessman Clive Palmer to make Australia a great country again. These two gentlemen share the common concern for our Nation and have a deep respect for the greater good of (AUSTRALIA) our country."
Milton told the Beagle "They come armed with some intelligent policies and initiatives for Australia and particularly Gilmore in the South Coast region of New South Wales."
Milton provided the following as being some of the local issues he will be standing for:
ZONAL TAXATION: A 20% tax concession for people and business located more than 200 kms from capital cities (excluding Canberra).
This policy is designed to stimulate sustainable economic growth and prosperity in rural/regional and coastal areas thereby growing desperately needed employment and skills base in these areas.
Additionally, this policy will have a positive effort easing congestion in the major cities by encouraging people and business to relocate/decentralize from the cities.
The flow on effect will be positive for new housing development, infrastructure, schools and hospitals.
MORTGAGE PAYMENT INTEREST BECOMING A TAX DEDUCTION: This policy with relieve significant financial burdens on ALL property owners.
Make all home loans TAX DEDUCTIBLE! This policy allows all homeowners to share in the same benefits that investors only exclusively enjoy.
This policy is in existence in America and has proven to be a winner.Limited to $1 million loan for owner occupied homes.
AUSTRALIA FUND: Natural disasters like drought, bush fires, floods and storms can occur at anytime and communities can be devastated very quickly.
This policy is aimed at covering emergency relief for our communities and manufacturing industries and to help protect all Australians in times of need.
Government MUST allocate greater funds and efforts to protect our exporters such as miners and agriculture, our national food security, industry and property from the destructive policies of the Greens & Labor. This will ensure our balance of trade figures and subsequent budget surpluses. Something alien to Labor.
COST OF LIVING: Lower the cost of living by investigating issues that concern residents such as the ludicrous situation we find ourselves in with the NBN, the outrageous council rate increases and the need for taxes on top of taxes for fuel. Investigate the fuel excise tax and ensure 50% of this tax is used to improve our roads and not just a revenue raiser or slush fund for the government.
Investigate collusive activities undertaken by monopolies and duopolies and of course electricity costs
Especially electricity costs. Australians pay among the highest power prices in the world, more than TWICE what New Yorkers pay.
Every household and business in Australia are being ripped-off by power companies who are charging for over inflated investment and poor government policies.
Electricity prices have increased 50% incredibly over the last 10 years
Successive governments have FAILED to address the cost impact of introducing excessive and unsustainable ratios of renewable energy into our power mix.
RED TAPE REDUCTION FOR SMALL BUSINESS: So many small businesses have to devote a totally disproportionate amount of their time to ticking boxes dreamed up by public servants.
IMMIGRATION: Work with states to determine an immigration policy that is good for Australia by identifying areas that will benefit from it rather than create infrastructure meltdown. Select immigrants according to what they can contribute to Australia, not necessarily the other way around.
LOCAL SCHOOLS: Address the escalation of bullying in our schools, student and teacher safety.
1. Build a dual carriageway from Canberra to the Coast incorporating a light rail train and reducing the trip to 45 minutes and offering significantly greater motorist safety.
2. Build a new hospital in the south of our region, upgrade the current northern hospital establishing better parking in both.
Urgently rectifying the safety for our staff working within our hospitals. Improving the access for our community and invest more dollars to better improve medical facilities for our local community.
3. Protect our shores by building rock walls at the entry of the Clyde river to safeguard private property and the town of Batemans Bay, on this initiative establish a deep-sea marina supported by commercial, shopping and accommodation businesses along with an overseas ocean liner terminal.
4. Focus on road safety in the electorate with measures like an overpass at the Jervis Bay turn-off. More lead-in and lead-out lanes along the Princes Hwy to add to the work already planned. Incorporate an overpass at the intersection of the Kings and Princess Highway intersection at Batemans Bay and improve the design of the new Batemans Bay bridge to better accommodate our mobility-challenged residents and pedestrians alike.
5. Fund a permanent opening for the Shoalhaven River by the construction of a training wall.
6. Electrification of the South Coast Railway line to Bomaderry.
7. Duplication of the Princes Highway to the Victorian boarder in conjunction with the State Government.
8. Include a 50-metre pool in the Batemans Bay Mackay Park Recreational redevelopment.
Milton said "With our electorate known for being an area of outstanding natural beauty that offers pure air, wonderful climate, beautiful bush and sensational waterways, our part of paradise is a well kept secret and in the genuine best interests of our future generations we together need to capture this moment in time and harness what may well be a true turning point in Australia`s history for a safer and better country.
"Our main mission is to make more jobs locally and throughout Australia. Re-establish employment security, lower the cost of living, improve our standard of living, conduct government in a transparent, professional manner, the way a business is expected to do and have the long term aim to make Australia GREAT again."