Member for Bega Andrew Constance has announced work to improve safety for motorists on the Kings Highway west of Nelligen have commenced.
Mr Constance said the NSW Government has allocated $550,000 to carry out resurfacing work on a two kilometre stretch of the highway from the bridge across Nelligen Creek, near Old Bolaro Road, east towards Nelligen.
“This work includes repairs to the road and will provide a safer road surface for motorists on this section of highway,” Mr Constance said.
“It is another example of safety being improved on this section, after last year’s completion of a $5.7 million realignment of highway east of Nelligen.
“The resurfacing work will start today, 1 May and be carried out between 7am and 5pm until Friday 5 May, weather permitting.
“For the safety of workers and motorists, lane closures with alternating traffic conditions and a temporary 40 km/h speed limit will be in place during work hours, and motorists should allow an extra five minutes of travel time.
“The community is thanked for its patience while work is carried out.”
For the latest traffic updates download the Live Traffic App, visit livetraffic.com or call the Transport Management Centre on 132 701. Media Release