Member for Bega Andrew Constance has announced further work to improve safety for motorists on the Princes Highway at Frogs Hollow will start next week.
Mr Constance said the NSW Government has allocated $1 million to carry out resurfacing work on a two kilometre stretch of the highway from near Wanatta Lane north towards Frogs Hollow.
“This work includes essential repairs to the road and will provide a safer road surface for motorists on this section of highway,” Mr Constance said.
“It is another example of safety being improved on this section, after last year’s completion of a $2.7 million realignment of the highway at Frogs Hollow.
“The resurfacing work will start on Monday 20 March and be carried out between 6.30am and 6pm on weekdays until mid-April, weather permitting.
“For the safety of workers and motorists, lane closures with alternating traffic conditions and a temporary 40 km/h speed limit will be in place during work hours, and motorists should allow an extra five minutes of travel time.
“I understand road works can be an inconvenience but I thank the community for their patience while this work is carried out.”
For the latest traffic updates download the Live Traffic App, visit livetraffic.com or call the Transport Management Centre on 132 701. Media Release