WIRES Mid South Coast urgently needs your support to manage the impact of the fires and drought on our local wild life.
Helena Barlow of WIRES has posted "Our work to rescue, rehabilitate and successfully release wildlife will go on for many months to come. Our trained volunteers are working very hard but we need your support.
"We have already received some donations – thank you so much .
SO HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We have drop off points for donations in Ulladulla, Malua Bay & Canberra, but we can also organise other drop off points or a mail address if that helps. Please PM me for the drop off points or a mailing address.
We desperately need:
• Men’s handkerchiefs (2nd hand is fine)
• Hemmed cotton squares (approx. 70cm x 70cm)-
• Pouch liners (it doesn’t have to be new material it just has to be a soft cotton for example old cotton sheets, old t shirt material, flannelette). From 12cm (wide) and 16cm (deep), 20cm (wide) x 30cm (deep), 45cm (wide) x 60cm (deep) and 100cm (wide) x 100cm (deep). Here is a link to a pattern, noting the inside of the pouch cannot have any open seams. Also large hanging pouches. Here is a link if you can help https://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/images/documents/Joey_Pouch_Making_Guidlines.pdf
• Cotton baby blankets (2nd hand is fine)
• Glider & microbat boxes - https://www.wires.org.au/wildlife-info/wildlife-factsheets/Wildlife-Nest-Boxes-LLS.pdf
• Possum boxes – please PM me for details
• Boxes of non-scented tissues and baby wipes.
• Small tubes of saline solution, gauze pads, ‘burn aid’ gel, “Solosite” gel, Vaseline gauze pads, cotton bandages.
We also need cash donations to buy the specialised food, veterinary products and enclosures while the animals rehabilitate. If you are able to make a cash donation please use the WIRES link below. Just click on the ‘donate now’ button - https://www.wires.org.au/branch/midsouthcoast