top of page
Screenshot 2023-06-13 180949.png
  • Writer's pictureThe Beagle

Urgent bushfire assistance needed

Following an announcement by the NSW Government that further local government areas can now access Disaster Recovery Grants, Member for Gilmore, Fiona Phillips MP has reiterated her calls for the Shoalhaven and Eurobodalla areas to be included in the program.

The grants provide funding to primary producers, small business and not-for-profit organisations to help with clean-up and immediate restoration costs following the recent fires.

The Gilmore MP has been lobbying the Federal and NSW Governments to make these grants available to local farmers, businesses and community organisations.

“Our community has been absolutely devastated by this fire. I have been talking with businesses impacted by the bushfire and I know how much people are struggling,” Mrs Phillips said.

The closure of the Princes Highway and continued closure of the Kings Highway has had a huge impact on businesses and more help is needed to get people back on their feet. Businesses and residents need immediate action to give them the best chance of recovery.

“I want to ensure that our community can access the necessary funding and support to recover from this terrible bushfire,”

“I have asked the Federal and NSW Governments to review our access to these grants and immediately make all forms of funding available to the Shoalhaven and Eurobodalla,” Member for Gilmore, Fiona Phillips said.

“Our community is already suffering under the drought that this government continues to deny they are in, and it is simply not good enough that there are funding programs that they cannot access,”

“I am willing to work with all levels of government to make sure local businesses, farmers and community organisations are getting the full support that is available,” she said.


NOTE: Comments were TRIALED - in the end it failed as humans will be humans and it turned into a pile of merde; only contributed to by just a handful who did little to add to the conversation of the issue at hand. Anyone who would like to contribute an opinion are encouraged to send in a Letter to the Editor where it might be considered for publication

bottom of page