SHASA is seeking applications from people interested in helping community groups in the Batemans Bay region with capacity building. This includes
• helping groups access grant funding to improve their operations, run strategic planning sessions, set up websites, and help improve community groups social media presence and other useful things to help them before stronger and more effective.
• organising a grants training workshop for community groups in the Batemans Bay Region.
• encouraging community groups to nominate current and upcoming community leaders for the Regenerate Eurobodalla leadership course which commences at the end of October 2022.
• working closely with SHASA to engage with community organisations that have facilities to see if they want to apply for the NSW Government's 75% subsidy for electric vehicle destination chargers and assist with completing the application process.
• working with the SHASA committee to organise the SHASA electric day on 2 October 2022 with the focus on encouraging community organisations with vehicles to attend.
Key attributes SHASA is looking for include being enthusiastic, outgoing, highly organised, strong team skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
A Community Coordinator Support Team comprising SHASA committee members will be established to support the position.
The successful applicant will have the option of using the SHASA NISSAN LEAF electric vehicle to travel to meetings.
The position is funded by the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal Investing in Regional Communities Futures Program.
Applicants need to provide a one page covering letter and resume to Kathryn Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close COB 28 July 2022. Batemans Bay Region Community Coordinator
6 month paid contract position – total of 312 hours (12 hours per week)