Applications are now open for the popular NSW Recreational Fishing Trusts grants program.
Anyone can apply for funding from the Recreational Fishing Trusts, including fishing clubs
and organisations, universities, councils, community groups, individuals and so on. Joint
applications are also encouraged.
Over the years, funding has been provided to a wide range of projects including:
• fishing access and facilities - fishing platforms, cleaning tables, safety infrastructure &
other facilities, enhancement of fishing access
• recreational fishing education - fishing workshops, projects to increase responsible
fishing and participation in recreational fishing
• recreational fishing enhancement - fish aggregating devices, artificial reefs and fish
• research on recreational fishing
• aquatic habitat rehabilitation and protection - grants to remove barriers to fish migration,
replanting & protecting river bank vegetation, restoring water flows etc. (please note:
grants are available through the Habitat Action Grants program in August each year)
There are two types of grants available:
1. Small projects – seeking less than $10,000 of funding
2. Large projects – seeking more than $10,000 of funding
Application forms can be downloaded from the DPI website listed below.
It is recommended that applicants read the attached funding guidelines for more information on preparing Trust applications before completing an application form. The closing date for funding applications is 31 October 2019.
To discuss ideas for projects and to assist with developing an application contact (02) 4916 3835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is available at: