top of page
Screenshot 2023-06-13 180949.png
  • Writer's pictureThe Beagle

NSW COVID-19 (Coronavirus) statistics March 26th

As at 8pm, Wednesday 25 March 2020, an additional 190 cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed since 8pm 24 March, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in NSW to 1,219.

There are currently 16 COVID-19 cases in our Intensive Care Units and of those cases 10 require ventilators at this stage.

NSW Health now has information on its website showing COVID-19 statistics broken down by Local Health District and locally acquired cases by Local Government Area. This information can be found at this link:

NSW Health is providing information to keep the community informed about COVID-19 while also protecting the privacy of patients. We will keep providing information to the people of NSW as it becomes available.

What these figures reveal is that testing for COVID-19 is occurring at a significant rate across the state.

South Eastern Sydney Local Health District has confirmed a midwife at St George Hospital has tested positive for COVID-19. All patients that were in close contact with the midwife have been informed. The midwife is now in isolation and there is no ongoing risk to patients at St George Hospital.

A further two children under 10 have tested positive to COVID-19, bringing the total in that age group to four.

A 1-year-old girl whose parent is a confirmed case and a 2-year-old girl who acquired the infection overseas have both already been isolation with family, and have mild symptoms.

There are 121 confirmed cases in NSW who were on board the Ruby Princess and 31 from the Ovation of the Seas cruise ship.

A Qantas charter flight from Honolulu arrived in Sydney Airport overnight to repatriate 292 passengers who were on the Norwegian Jewel. The boat has been at sea with no landing and with no one coming onto the ship for 3 weeks.

While the ship has reported no acute respiratory illness on board, the NSW Health International airport screening team screened all of the passengers on arrival.

Five passengers with symptoms were transferred to hospital for COVID-19 testing and isolation. The remaining well passengers were transferred to a Sydney hotel to be in self-isolation for 14 days.


NOTE: Comments were TRIALED - in the end it failed as humans will be humans and it turned into a pile of merde; only contributed to by just a handful who did little to add to the conversation of the issue at hand. Anyone who would like to contribute an opinion are encouraged to send in a Letter to the Editor where it might be considered for publication

bottom of page