top of page
Screenshot 2023-06-13 180949.png
  • Writer's pictureThe Beagle

Mending fences – help is at hand

Bushfire and flood-affected landowners yet to restore fencing on their properties can register their interest in receiving free help from BlazeAid.

The volunteer-based organisation has already assisted more than 300 Eurobodalla property owners clear and rebuild more than 318km of fencing.

Eurobodalla Council’s community recovery officer Linda Wilton said BlazeAid was considering a third return to the shire if there was sufficient need.

“We know there are residents who may need a helping hand to clear, repair or build fencing following the floods in December 2021, but we also want to hear from rural or lifestyle block landowners who are yet to repair their fencing since the fires,” she said.

“If there are enough eligible property owners in need we may be able to negotiate a BlazeAid return.”

Residents should register their interest by 20 February 2022 to Eurobodalla Council’s community recovery officer Linda Wilton on 0436 299 482 or

Meanwhile, anyone yet to dispose of fire-affected fencing materials can also register to have it collected for free through Eurobodalla Council’s FenceCycle Program.

Funded by the Environment Protection Authority, the program covers the cost of collection and recycling for metal components of typical rural fencing, including barbed and plain wire, netting or mesh, timber or metal posts and farm gates. It does not include urban fencing, such as solid metal panelling or chain-wire security-type fencing.

To register for FenceCycle, or for more information, get in touch with Council’s waste services team on 4474 1343.

Above: Eurobodalla property owners are being urged to take advantage of free collection of burnt rural fencing and BlazeAid help to rebuild fire and flood-affected fences.


NOTE: Comments were TRIALED - in the end it failed as humans will be humans and it turned into a pile of merde; only contributed to by just a handful who did little to add to the conversation of the issue at hand. Anyone who would like to contribute an opinion are encouraged to send in a Letter to the Editor where it might be considered for publication

bottom of page