Initial Moderate Flood Warning for the Moruya and Deua Rivers
at Riverview and Wamban
Issued at 1:43 pm EDT on Monday 10 February 2020
MODERATE FLOODING IS EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AT RIVERVIEW AND WAMBAN.
Very heavy rainfall has been observed in the Moruya catchment in the past 24 hours. This has resulted in rapid river level rises along the Moruya and Deua Rivers.
A Severe Weather Warning is Current for Heavy Rainfall and Abnormally High Tides which may lead to further river level rises.
Moderate flooding is expected along the Deua River.
The Deua River at Wamban is expected to reach the moderate flood level (6.20 m) late Monday afternoon. The Moruya River at Riverview is expected to reach around 8.20 metres late Monday afternoon with Moderate Flooding
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/southcoast.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 04:00 pm EDT on Monday 10 February 2020.
Latest River Heights:
Location Deua River at Riverview Height of River (m) 7.49 Tendency Rising Time of Observation 01:00 PM MON 10/02/20