fiona xmas.png
spreads (7).gif

House fire in Tuross Head

Fire and Rescue NSW Station 384 Moruya report:

09/05/2020 5.25pm

Called to House Fire at Tuross Head. On arrival found fire was mostly extinguished. (Ed Note: courtesy of crews from Tuross Head Bushfire Brigade and Bingie Fire Brigade volunteers) Crews entered the house and checked for hot spots using our thermal imaging camera.

Fire appeared to be caused by a cordless battery charger. Fire was fully extinguished and house was ventilated and handed over with the assistance of local RFS.


Images: Moruya Fire and Rescue HAVE YOU INSPECTED YOUR SMOKE ALARM IN READINESS FOR WINTER? The risk of a fatality in a home fire is halved if there is a working smoke alarm in a residential dwelling.

Did you know its been over 10 years since smoke alarms became law across NSW... and... most smoke alarms don’t last 10 years. More information HERE


COMMENTS : Due to the risks associated with comments from unidentified contributors that expose The Beagle to possible legal actions under the NSW Defamation Act 2005 No 77 anonymous or Nom de Plume comments will not be available until an alternate system of author verification can be investigated and hopefully installed.

Those who provide their REAL NAME (first name AND Surname) and a verifiable email address (it won't be published) are invited to comment below. (yes it is a pain but please comply - it would be a  shame to see your comment deleted)

Those contributors KNOWN to us and verified may continue to use their First Name for ease. The primary need for all of this is due to traceability should a legal action arise.

If you need anonymity email us via our normal or encrypted email accounts


Please note that if you are looking for a previous comment that is no longer visible please contact us.