fiona.png
spreads (21).gif

Fire Alarms : Don't RISK it ; TEST it

Fire and Rescue NSW advise: DON'T RISK IT! TEST IT! | The following photos are from a fire that occurred in the bedroom of a unit while the occupants were asleep. The smoke alarm did not activate because as you can see, it is missing a battery. The family were very fortunate to escape.


You cannot smell smoke in your sleep and WORKING smoke alarms can be the sound that saves your life! Please - test your smoke alarm, replace the battery if you need to and give it a good vacuum every month. Only working smoke alarms help save lives!

COMMENTS : Due to the risks associated with comments from unidentified contributors that expose The Beagle to possible legal actions under the NSW Defamation Act 2005 No 77 anonymous or Nom de Plume comments will not be available unless the author is known to the editor by way of a verified email address or by association.

Others who provide their REAL NAME (first name AND Surname) and a verifiable email address (it won't be published) are invited to comment below. (yes it is a pain but please comply - it would be a  shame to see your comment deleted)

Those contributors KNOWN to us and verified may continue to use their First Name or Nom de plume for ease. The primary need for all of this is due to traceability should a legal action arise.

If you need anonymity email us via our normal or encrypted email accounts


Please note that if you are looking for a previous comment that is no longer visible please contact us.