Wednesday 24 March 5pm Two roads reopened today – Old South Coast Road, Narooma and River Road at Nelligen. Here’s a fresh list of local road closures:
• Centenary Drive Narooma between Williamson Drive and Apex Park boat ramp, Narooma
• Araluen Road at Kiora Bridge, west of Moruya
• Bumbo Road at Snake Flat causeway, Turlinjah
• Comerang Forest Road at Silo Farm Bridge, Eurobodalla, west of Bodalla
• Congo Road north - residents should use the sealed road, Congo Road south, via Bingie Road and the highway
• Dwyers Creek Road at Candoin Creek, Moruya
• Eurobodalla Road at Cheese Factory Bridge and Cemetery Bridge, Eurobodalla
• Nerrigundah Mountain Road at Tyrone Bridge, Eurobodalla
• Old Bolaro Road at the second causeway, Nelligen
• Sunnyside Road at the causeway, Tilba
• Wild Horse Road at Tilba Punkalla, Tilba
• Hawdons Road at Mogendoura Creek, Mogendoura
Kings Highway repair work Urgent repair works as a result of the heavy rain are underway at Government Bend on the Kings Highway from Wednesday 24 March 2021. The road is open, however, traffic control and speed restrictions will be in place. Please slow down, drive to conditions and follow directions given by traffic controllers. For highway updates visit Live Traffic
Council crews are out and about assessing and making repairs where possible, including filling potholes. As waters recede from flooded bridges, they’ll be assessed, cleaned, repaired and opened as a priority.
Flood damage to Council infrastructure valued at more than $240,000 triggers eligibility to apply for a NSW Government Natural Disaster Declaration, which provides funding for repairs to flood-damaged assets. Four were declared in 2020 for floods in February, July, August, and October, with December’s application pending. Council anticipates Natural Disaster Declaration eligibility for the March 2021 floods.
Please avoid swimming at beaches and rivers for a few days. Waterways may be polluted following the high influx of rain and stormwater, and there is danger of debris like logs and branches that can cause injury.
Above: Eurobodalla Council crews are assessing and making repairs following this week’s heavy rain. Michael Johnston fills a pothole on George Bass Drive, Broulee.