A 90-year-old man has passed away in hospital today after suffering critical injuries in a house fire on the state’s south coast yesterday.
Emergency services were called to a home on Bronte Crescent, Sunshine Bay, about 7.45pm on Sunday 18 August 2019.
Officers found a man inside the home suffering smoke inhalation and burns after the mattress he was sleeping on had caught alight.
The man was treated at the scene before being taken to Bateman’s Bay Hospital where he was listed as critical.
Sadly, he was unable to recover from his injuries and died early this morning (Monday 19 August 2019).
A report will be prepared by officers from South Coast Police District for the information of the Coroner.