The newly elected Eurobodalla Councillors will attend their first Council meeting next Tuesday 8 February.
First item on the agenda is Mathew Hatcher - Mayor Eurobodalla Shire calling for the reinstatement of live streaming of Public Forum and Public access.
Mathew says this will provide an important opportunity for community members to watch and listen from their homes, as fellow community members make their presentations to councillors.
The amendments recommended to be made to the Code, which do not conflict with the mandatory provisions of the Model Code, are as follows: Clause 3.12 be amended to read “Public Forum will be webcast” and clause 3.30 be amended to read “Public Access sessions will be webcast and commence at 9.15 am unless there are no registered speakers.
1. The live streaming of Public Forum be reinstated, effective from 22 February 2022
2. The live streaming of Public Access be commenced, effective from 1 March 2022 unless a speaker opts out, and
3. Prominent notice of both Public Forum and Public Access, and of the meeting itself, including identification of the items to be presented on, be placed on Council’s website and Facebook page, by 4 pm on the working day before the scheduled presentations.
It is expected that the vote for the changes will be unanimous given that all of the mayoral candidates being Mat Hatcher, Tubby Harrison, David Grace and Alison Worthington immediately raised their hands when asked if they would support the reinstatement during question time at the Meet the Mayoral Candidate Forum in Tuross Head. Rob Pollock, a councillor who originally voted to remove the live streaming of Public Forum, after some deliberation, also raised his hand. Listen HERE at the 35 minute mark
Also on Tuesday's agenda:
Oaths of Office
Should Councillors get super?
Nominations for a second rep on the Joint Regional Planning Committee
Certify Council’s investments
Councillors to express interest in upcoming conferences
Get involved, Eurobodallans!
1. Read the agenda papers
2. Speak to councillors about items on the agenda at Public Forum (Contact info HERE)
3. Tune in next Tuesday on the livestream from 11am
Do it all here > www.esc.nsw.gov.au/council/meetings