The NSW Government will coordinate the clean-up of residential and commercial properties destroyed by bush fires this season, at no cost to owners, so they can start rebuilding.
• Costs for clean-up will be covered by the NSW Government in partnership with the Federal Government, irrespective of whether properties are insured or uninsured.
• This means insured property owners will be able to use every dollar of their insurance policies towards rebuilding. For the uninsured, it’s one less thing to worry about.
• Work is already underway to clean-up affected properties.
• The NSW Government will shortly appoint major contractors in the South and the North to do the work, and will encourage them to engage local contractors wherever possible.
• Clean-up work will include: - Containment and removal of asbestos contaminated bush fire impacted materials - Removal of all dangerous debris, including destroyed materials and hazardous trees - Removal of concrete slab foundations.
• Impacted property owners wanting their property cleared or those who have already commenced or completed clearing work through their insurer or private contractor, should call Service NSW on 13 77 88.