spreads (14).gif

Bushfire Recovery Assistance For NSW Bushfires 2019 - 2020

BUSHFIRE RECOVERY ASSISTANCE FOR NSW BUSHFIRES 2019 - 2020 A range of assistance measures are available to support people affected by bushfires. These are aimed at providing for immediate and short term needs, to support recovery from the bushfires across NSW. Please note, a number of these measures have eligibility requirements. Immediate emergency assistance – can be accessed through Evacuation Centres and Disaster Welfare Assistance Points. Call 1800 018 444 or visit Emergency Temporary Accommodation – short term housing support. Contact the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322. Clean-up assistance – for assistance to clean up homes damaged or destroyed by recent fires: Insured home owners – contact your insurance company or the Insurance Council of Australia on 1800 734 621.Uninsured home owners – contact Public Works Advisory on 1800 88 55 39. Animal Welfare – provision of emergency fodder, stock water and stock assessment. Contact Local Land Services on 1800 814 647. Commonwealth Government Disaster Recovery Payment – $1,000 per adult and $400 per child for people severely affected by bushfires. Contact Human Services on 180 22 66. Commonwealth Government Disaster Recovery Allowance – short term income assistance for people severely affected by bushfires. Contact Human Services on 180 22 66. NSW Government Disaster Relief Grants – financial assistance for eligible individuals who have low income and limited assets. Contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444 Primary producer assistance – up to $15,000 recovery grants (33 LGAs only), concessional loans and transport subsidies for eligible primary producers. Contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593. Small business assistance – up to $15,000 recovery grants (33 LGAs only), and concessional loans for eligible small businesses. Contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593. Legal assistance – Legal Aid can provide free assistance on issues such as insurance policies, employment, tenancy, credit and debt. Contact LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529. Potable Water Assistance – replacement of potable water for residents not on town water supply where RFS has taken water or contaminated roofs with fire retardant. Contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444. Mental health and wellbeing assistance – 24/7 assistance for individuals. Mental Health Line - 1800 011 511 Beyond Blue - 1300 224 636 Lifeline - 13 11 14 Mensline - 1300 789 978 Kids Helpline - 1800 551 800 If someone is in immediate danger, call 000. Farm Gate counsellors – farmers and business owners in bushfire affected areas can access Farm Gate counsellors and peer support workers. Contact the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511. Volunteer Firefighters’ Financial Support – payments for eligible volunteer firefighters who are self-employed or employed by a small or medium business and have lost income. Contact Service NSW at Sporting club assistance – concessional loans for eligible sporting clubs. Contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593. Church and non-profit organisation assistance – up to $15,000 recovery grants (33 LGAs only) concessional loans for eligible churches and non-profit organisations. Contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593. Motor vehicle stamp duty relief – financial assistance for eligible motorists whose cars have been written off as a result of bushfires. Contact the Office of State Revenue on 1300 139 814. Replacement of documents – free replacement of licences, permits and certificates, including birth, marriage and change of name certificates and NSW Fair Trading permits and licences. Contact Service NSW on 13 77 88 Waste disposal – the levy for waste disposal has been waived in bushfire affected LGAs. Contact your local council for more information. Download this information here:

COMMENTS : Due to the risks associated with comments from unidentified contributors that expose The Beagle to possible legal actions under the NSW Defamation Act 2005 No 77 anonymous or Nom de Plume comments will not be available until an alternate system of author verification can be investigated and hopefully installed.

Those who provide their REAL NAME (first name AND Surname) and a verifiable email address (it won't be published) are invited to comment below. (yes it is a pain but please comply - it would be a  shame to see your comment deleted)

Those contributors KNOWN to us and verified may continue to use their First Name for ease. The primary need for all of this is due to traceability should a legal action arise.

If you need anonymity email us via our normal or encrypted email accounts

Please note that if you are looking for a previous comment that is no longer visible please contact us.