Batemans Bay Business and Tourism Chamber will be hosting their first post Covid meeting on Wednesday night 15th July @ 6.00 pm at ClubCatalina Sports & Leisure Club
They invite members (due to Covid limits of 4m per person) to join them and hear how the community can support the activation of the foreshore and to learn more of what is proposed in tourism promotion of the region.
A member of the Council's Foreshore Activation Project team will be on hand to answer questions after the plan is explained.
Some questions already being asked that might be expanded on will be:
* what will be the impact of the removal of the off ramp on foreshore businesses after the current off ramp is closed?
* has council done a traffic report on the impact the new bridge will have to CBD traffic and to tourism flow in the CBD, most specifically in the area of Clyde Street.
* why does the foreshore plan show the boat ramp gone? When was this decision made? Who was consulted?
* what will happen to the buses on Clyde Street? Will all the buses come via North Street and then have to proceed along Clyde Street before being able to turn around and park where they do now?
* with so many empty shops on Clyde Street and throughout the CBD how does Council propose to fill those vacancies?
* how does council intend to pay for the many concepts that are in the draft?
Feel free to add any questions you have below in the comments so that the Bay Chamber and Tourism folk can ask them on your behalf.
Above: A member of the Council's Foreshore Activation Project team will be on hand to answer questions after the draft plan is explained.