Araluen Road landslip update
Council’s director of infrastructure Warren Sharpe inspected the landslip site at Knowles Creek on the Araluen Road this morning and advises the road will likely be closed for some time. The damage is more significant than originally thought, Mr Sharpe said, and a geotechnical engineer will assess the site tomorrow. Temporary alternative routes for residents living west of Knowles Creek are being explored.
Araluen Road has been closed to the general public since 23 October for bushfire and flood repairs. Residents who live along the road had been able to access their properties and travel to and from Moruya until the slip on Monday afternoon. Knowles Creek is 23 kilometres west of Moruya.
Road status due to flooding
· Kiora Bridge on Araluen Road, Kiora – OPENED yesterday
· Cemetery Bridge on Eurobodalla Road, Eurobodalla – OPENED yesterday
· Silo Farm Bridge on Comerang Forest Road, Eurobodalla – OPEN
· Bumbo Road, Bodalla at the second causeway - OPEN
· Congo Road (north) Congo, north of Shepherds quarries - OPEN Belimbla Bridge, Belowra, bridge approaches washed out – CLOSED
· Araluen Road, south of Knowles Creek – CLOSED due to landslide. Detour options under investigation.
· Eurobodalla Road between Sinclairs Bridge and Nerrigundah – CLOSED due to causeway washout. Water will need to recede before repairs can be undertaken.
Roads closed due to bushfire
· Murphy Bridge on Eurobodalla Road, Cadgee
· Old Bolaro Mountain Road Bridge on Old Bolaro Road, Buckenbowra
· Araluen Road, Deua Valley and Merricumbene – CLOSED to general public, resident access only
Road closures available at www.esc.nsw.gov.au/currentworks