Local funds for Eurobodalla residents impacted by bushfire
The Mayor, Liz Innes said "Payments up to $1,000 per household are available to those whose primary place of residence was significantly impacted by the recent bushfires and who are facing financial hardship.
Eurobodalla Council established the fund last month to give community members an opportunity to donate directly to local people affected by the fires. The Mayor said "Since then, generous donations have seen this fund grow to around $100,000, which will be distributed directly to those who need it most." Council's report tabled at last Tuesday's meeting stated : "To date, Council has received $144,597 to the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief fund from a number of generous donors. Council has received further verbal pledges." $144,597 is indeed a terrific start to the fund. It is understood that AGL/Southern Phone alone donated $100,000 to the fund within days of it being announced with a further $10,000 donated by WestPac. Adding to this Monarch Building Solutions have also recently donated $20,000 to the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund. Monarch Building Solutions donated $20,000 to the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund with a further $10,000 donated to Tuross Head Tuross Head Rural Fire Brigade. The donations were raised during the Monarch Building Solutions 13th annual Bream Tournament held in February at Tuross Lake and supported by major sponsor First Class Plumbing
Above: From left to right: Joe Pratezina (Director, Monarch Building Solutions), Valerio Galeotti (Director, Monarch Building Solutions), Clr Innes (Mayor, ESC), Dr Dale (General Manager, ESC), Deputy Captain Danielle Brice (Tuross Head RFB), Marco Galeotti (Director, Monarch Building Solutions). Photo: Monarch Building Solutions Phase 1 of the fund distribution is targeted to those who have experienced structural damage or significant loss to their primary place of residence and/or outbuildings. While it isn't mandatory the intention is that the funds distributed be spent in the Eurobodalla Shire which would also help local businesses and assist in stimulating the local economy With 500 homes lost and a maximum of $1000 per recipient renters and owners are encouraged to apply by completing the application form on Council’s website and returning it by Thursday 30 April at 5pm. The Management Committee/Panel advise that they rely on the integrity of those applying for funds saying only those facing genuine financial hardship as a result of damage caused by the bushfires are encouraged to apply and the application will be assessed if the applicant has reasonably demonstrated they have first exhausted general sources of finance, such as insurance and other grant funding. Applicants will need to briefly describe how they were impacted by the 2019/2020 bushfire event and asked to attach any additional information or supporting evidence - photos / documentation / media clips.
A panel has been established to assess eligibility and fund distribution, and will continue to oversee the management of the fund as donations continue to be received.
Anyone who would like to donate to the fund can make a direct deposit into the fund account, details are available on www.esc.nsw.gov.au/recovery