Today (April 7th) Eurobodalla Councillors are meeting to endorse putting up our rates between 2.6% and 3%.
Councillors will this week be meeting to agree to place on public exhibition it's revised combined draft Delivery Program 2017-21 and Operational Plan 2020- 21.
Proposed changes include:
• The general rate increases by 2.6%, the rate peg amount for 2020-21.
• The environment fund rate increases by 2.6%.
• The waste collection charges increases by 2.6% for the typical household.
And even though they already intentionally charge us more for water and sewer so they can pay themselves an annual dividend they still intend to increase this even more:
• The water access charge increases by 3% to $340 (20mm connection access charge) and the usage charge increases by 2.7% to $3.75 per kilolitre.
• The sewer access charge increases by 2.1% to $990 (20mm connection access charge) and the usage charge increases by 2.1% to $1.96 per kilolitre.
The councillor will be asked to endorse the staff recommendations along with the increased Fees and Charges.
If endorsed the proposals will be placed on public exhibition for a period of not less than 42 days so you can have your say.
You can watch the Council meeting today at 11am on their website
Contact your Councillors: Give your councillors a call or email to let them know what you think - contact details for them can be found HERE