coronavirus-Information_edited.jpg
autohaus.png

Fewer injured in crashes as Operation Safe Arrival continues


“Any road, anytime” is the message from NSW police as many residents begin their journey or return home after the Christmas break.

Operation Safe Arrival, the State’s Christmas/New Year road safety operation, started at 12.01am on Friday 21 December 2018, and will continue until 11.59pm on Tuesday 1st January 2019.

Double demerits remain in place over the entire long-weekend for all speeding, mobile phone, seatbelt and motorcycle-helmet offences.

Assistant Commissioner Michael Corboy of the Traffic & Highway Patrol Command, said the roads are are still busy with holiday traffic going to or from their destination. .

“I know a lot of people will be discussing what is the best road to take home right now. I can provide one bit of advice – regardless of whatever road you are on, we will be there,” Assistant Commissioner Corboy said.

“I am pleased there have been declines in the numbers of people detected speeding and drink-driving.

“At this point in Operation Safe Arrival there has been a decline in the number of people injured in crashes across the state.

“This means there will be fewer people starting the New Year having to face rehabilitation, time off work and the imposition on family life.”

Some examples of inappropriate driver behaviour detected during Day Six of Operation Safe Arrival include,

About 1.45am today (Thursday 27 December 2018), a male driver was detected travelling at 136km/h (lidar) in am 80km/h work zone on the M1 at Wahroonga. A roadside breath test returned a positive result. A subsequent breath analysis returned a reading of 0.196. The driver was Charged by way of field court attendance notice for the offences of 'Drive the high concentration of alcohol' and 'Exceed speed limit - over 45km/h'. The man will appear at Hornsby Local Court at a future date

A man will face court today after a stolen van was stopped in Lansvale in south western Sydney A Toyota Hiace with incorrect registration plates was stopped on the Hume Highway by Fairfield Highway Patrol officers just before 2am today (Thursday 27 December 2018). Inquiries carried out at the scene found the Hiace had been stolen. A search of the Hiace located a push bike, television, tools, copper wire, lawn mower, leaf blower and suitcases of clothing. It will be alleged that some or all the property is suspected of being stolen. The 39-year-old male driver was charged with drive conveyance without consent, possess prohibited drug (x2), not carry drivers licence and breach of bail. Further charges regarding the property is anticipated. He is expected to appear in Parramatta Local Court today.

Key statistics (Cumulative total – started on 21 December 2018): Total infringements issued (not speeding): 8825 Speed infringements: 5792 Breath tests: 262,669 Drink-driving charges: 306 Lives lost: 4


Just two of the many officers patrolling the South East region these holidays

#latest #Paper

COMMENTS : You can use a pen name or better yet use your real name, you must provide a valid email address (that does not get published) and your comment will be moderated prior to approval (or rejection if that is the determination of the moderator). Refer to our Terms and Conditions if you have any questions) 

Please note that from time to time comments are archived. If you are looking for a previous comment no longer visible please contact us. Last Archived 7th July 2019