qd.png

Easter chocs and ticks - take care


Easter is just around the corner and now is an opportunity to offer a timely warning to be careful not to leave any chocolate around for your canine friend to find. While ingesting a small amount of chocolate may only cause mild stomach discomfort in dogs, ingesting a large amount may require a visit to the vet… large quantities of chocolate can cause seizures, respiratory failure and cardiac arrest in dogs. In severe cases, chocolate can kill dogs.


Above: Professional theatre-trained dog acting "chocolate affected"

And as the days and nights get cooler don’t be fooled in to thinking that those dastardly ticks have gone away. With all the rain we have had and now some nice sunny days, they are out in force, so don’t forget to check your animals daily.

#Community #latest #Weekly

spreads.gif

COMMENTS : You can use a pen name or better yet use your real name, you must provide a valid email address (that does not get published) and your comment will be moderated prior to approval (or rejection if that is the determination of the moderator). Refer to our Terms and Conditions if you have any questions) 

Please note that from time to time comments are archived. If you are looking for a previous comment no longer visible please contact us. Last Archived 7th July 2019