fiona xmas.png
spreads (8).gif

Tuross Head Progress Assoc Meeting minutes June 1st


TUROSS HEAD PROGRESS ASSOCIATION INC.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING - 1st JUNE 2017,

at Tuross Country Club

1. The Meeting commenced at 2.05 pm, with Mr Gary Cooper in the Chair.

Attendees: 27 Members signed the Attendance Register.

Apologies: John Tilbrook, and four others.

Invited Guests in Attendance: Clr Anthony Mayne, Deputy Mayor, ESC

2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING - 04/05/2017

Mylene Boulting advised that at item 42 of the above Minutes, reference to Kyla Park Cluster 1, should read Kyla Park Cluster 4. This was noted and duly amended.

Acceptance proposed by jVP, seconded Steve Ryder CARRIED

3. BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

To be dealt with under separate reports later in the meeting.

4. TREASURER’S REPORT

Presented by the Treasurer, Joan Buchan.

In summary, the financial statement is as follows, and forms part of the Minutes.

THPA General Account Balance @ 01/06/2017 5,393.86

Receipts

Working Account Balance 5,393.86

WORKING BALANCE 5,393.86

THPA Cycle/Walk Account 4,740.24 Receipts: Bank Interest 61.36

Working Balance, 01/06/2017 4,801.60

Fixed Term Deposit 20,000.00

Total, as at 01/06/2017 = $24,801.60 24,801.60

TOTAL FUNDS @ 01/06/2017 $30,195.46

Acceptance of this Report was proposed by Treasurer,

seconded by Leonie Beer CARRIED

5. MEMBERSHIP: Currently 132 financial members

6. CORRESPONDENCE – INWARDS and OUTWARDS

As per List contained in the Agenda of Meeting 01/06/2017.

7. GENERAL BUSINESS AND MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

7.1 RMS SAFETY UPGRADE OF T INTERSECTION ON HIGHWAY

The remaining scheduled works are expected to be completed within the next three months. The general feeling of the meeting is that the junction remains a serious hazard, and maintaining attention to the matter is necessary.

7.2 ROAD SIGNAGE, LAKE STREET T INTERSECTION

Some pruning of vegetation intruding into site lines has occurred, but at least one further bush needs to be attended to.

7.3 HECTOR McWILLIAM ROAD SPEED LIMIT

The expressed view of the meeting, including a report of some views canvassed from non-members, was that the limits should remain as they are.

7.4 MIRROR BUSH REMOVAL

Much of it has been cut and mulched. Regrowth towards Spring will need treatment, and volunteers may be called for.

7.5 RE-INSTALLATION OF THE FLOOD LAMP AT ONE TREE POINT

ESC’s non acceptance of the need for this is regarded as unacceptable. A further letter to be directed to ESC Officer in Charge pointing out the need to prevent possible accidents to pedestrians, as well as general anti-social behaviour and vandalism to recently installed Community assets.

7.6 BEACH-GOER ACCESS TO PLANTATION POINT SOUTH

Matter to be held pending return of John Tilbrook.

7.7 MATTER OF LOT 277, TUROSS BOULEVARDE

THPA has not yet received any replies to its preliminary and outline submissions (dated 01/05/2017 and 19/05/2017 respectively) regarding an alternative community use for this plot, nor to its formal motion addressed to both the Mayor and the General Manager asking Council to please reconsider its classification as Operational Land.

7.8 CONCEPT OF A TOURIST FOCUSSED VILLAGE INFORMATION CENTRE AND HERITAGE PARK

The outline plan which accompanied the Agenda of this Meeting, and as presented to the Mayor and General Manager, was discussed at some length. The unanimous feeling of the meeting was that it was a most worthwhile project, and a much needed facility for the village and its visitors. Although the overwhelming number of members present had been completely unaware that is was community parkland, given a total lack of indicators, they expressed agreement that they had appreciated and valued it as open amenity, and are greatly dismayed at the prospect of seeing it built upon. The plan as outlined would retain the amenity, and add a necessary and productive facility to the village.

Accordingly, Lei Parker proposed a Motion, seconded by Mylene Boulting, accepted unanimously:-

“That a letter be sent to Council, requesting would it please, in good faith, halt any further action to sell Lot 277 until our Outline Proposal has been formally responded to.”

7.9 PROGRESS OF BBSC STORAGE SHED PROJECT & WATER TANK ON KYLA HALL FOR RAINWATER SUPPLY TO TCG

The rubbish that was referred to (Minutes 04/05/2017} has been cleared. The slab is now poured. There has been no further communication since. A request from KHMC asking for drawings of the pipework required to harvest the water from the eastern side of the roof is awaiting reply.

7.10 STAFFORD DIXON BENCH SEAT

This is now installed, and is waiting on ESC to affix the THPA plaque dedicated to Stafford Dixon.

7.11 SKATE BOARD FACILITY

As before, we require an update on the proposed public meeting.

7.12 MAIN BEACH ACCESS FROM ONE TREE CAR PARK

Existing CSR still in the work program.

8. REVIEW OF THE THPA CONSTITUTION

In view of the need to review the existing THPA Constitution, and after perusal of the changes in the rules of incorporation, Gary Cooper recommended adoption of the model rules as suggested by the Office of Fair Trading. This is must be done by 26/08/2017, and requires a Special Meeting to be called to deal with matter.

Lei Parker moved, seconded by Enid Fuller, accepted unanimously, the motion:-

“ That a Special Meeting to review the Constitution of THPA be held immediately after the Ordinary Meeting, THPA to be held on 06/07/2017.”

Officers required are:- Chairman/President: two Vice Presidents: Secretary, (ideally normal secretary plus minutes secretary): Treasurer.

9. OTHER BUSINESS

9.1 Deputy Mayor, Clr Anthony Mayne, re THPA use as fee-payers of Kyla Hall, felt that, due to certain new aspects that were raised by Lei Parker and Gary Cooper before Council, but were perhaps not given full consideration, the matter should be presented again. He would put this to Officers at an official briefing, with the possibility that it could go forward from there to Council again, with the chance of a favourable outcome.

9.2 Re Lot 277, he feels that the matter should hinge on the strength of community support.

9.3 A point from the floor raised the concern that T-H Tennis Club members were being asked by ESC to adopt casual rates rather than season subscriptions, with the result that the cost to regular players would increase considerably.

10. FAREWELL MAUREEN & JIM BAKER

In closing President Gary Cooper, addressed a moving tribute to Maureen and Jim Baker, for their outstanding contribution to the village and the community over many decades, and in so many ways. They truly, have made a difference.

Lei Parker added an eloquent resume of some of the many ways by which Tuross Head has benefitted from Maureen’s vigilance and determination.

Maureen responded, briefly stating that with increasing age and accompanying infirmities, it was, regrettably, necessary to move closer to family. She urged members to become involved in village affairs, as if left to a few, the tasks, although essential, could be onerous.

Maureen was presented with an arrangement of flowers as a gesture of appreciation for their services in the past, and to express all good wishes to them in the future.

11. CONCLUSION

The meeting concluded at 03.35pm. The next ordinary meeting will be held at Tuross Country Club on the 06/07/2017, commencing at 02.00pm, to be followed by a special meeting to consider the adoption of a new constitution.

ACTIONS:

  • Letter to responsible Officer re One Tree Point Safety Light

Action: acting temporary Secretary

  • Letter to ESC Parks Crews in appreciation of their work at Plantation Point and Kyla Hall recreation park

Action: acting temporary Secretary

  • Letter to Tony Swallow, re the replaced parks chairs currently idle at Plantation Point (check with Steve Ryder, THM’Shed first, as the Men’s Shed is interested in following this up).

  • Further letter to ESC re Lot 277

Action: Gary Cooper

  • Convene community meeting to gauge support for a skate park

Action: Lei Parker and Enid Fuller

  • Statement, setting out in full, THPA’s reasons for requesting continuing gratis use of Kyla Hall. To be forwarded to Clr Anthony Mayne, Deputy Mayor, to be presented at an Officer Briefing.

Action: Gary Cooper and Lei Parker Please find below links to the 2017/2018 Membership Renewal form/s and a THPA Membership Application Form for new members as current membership ceases on 1 July. Please remember that by being a paid-up member of this association not only gives you a voice in community affairs, it gives the Community as a whole a very strong voice, which ultimately benefits all. It is also in everyone's best interest to encourage friend's and neighbour's to also join


The Coila Creek Bridge - Photo by Diane Hay

#Tuross

COMMENTS : Due to the risks associated with comments from unidentified contributors that expose The Beagle to possible legal actions under the NSW Defamation Act 2005 No 77 anonymous or Nom de Plume comments will not be available until an alternate system of author verification can be investigated and hopefully installed.

Those who provide their REAL NAME (first name AND Surname) and a verifiable email address (it won't be published) are invited to comment below. (yes it is a pain but please comply - it would be a  shame to see your comment deleted)

Those contributors KNOWN to us and verified may continue to use their First Name for ease. The primary need for all of this is due to traceability should a legal action arise.

If you need anonymity email us via our normal or encrypted email accounts


Please note that if you are looking for a previous comment that is no longer visible please contact us.