We had a great visit to All Saints Church at Bodalla on Saturday 1st April to hear a
very interesting talk about the establishment of the church by the Thomas Mort who died before the project was completed. The foundation stone was laid by Thomas Mort's widow Marianne on 18 March 1880. The granite used in the building came from the Mort estate and the stained glass windows were imported from England. The lovely organ, built in London, is a feature of the church and we were fortunate to hear it played.
A very nice afternoon tea at the Dairy Shed completed the afternoon and it was fantastic to enjoy the company of a number of our new members.
Above: Click for larger images
Bodalla Church 1935