NSW Health advises:
A number of precautionary measures have been put in place to maintain our safe and measured approach to COVID-19.
From Saturday 8 January:
- Non-urgent elective surgery will be paused until February 2022
- Positive rapid antigen test results must be reported
- Singing and dancing won’t be permitted in hospitality venues, entertainment facilities, and major recreation facilities - this will not apply to weddings, for performers, or in classes
- Major events scheduled for the coming weeks will be risk-assessed
- Staying seated when drinking in hospitality venues is highly recommended
It is important to continue to use common sense in limiting large household gatherings and to gather outdoors where possible.