Flood Watch #7 South Coast and Queanbeyan
What is happening:
MINOR TO MODERATE FLOODING POSSIBLE FOR SOUTH COAST AND QUEANBEYAN.
On Tuesday a low pressure system will form off the northern NSW coast before moving towards central parts of the NSW Coast and deepening into an East Coast Low. Heavy to torrential rain is likely to the south of the low affecting Sydney, Illawarra and the South Coast from later on Tuesday.
Catchments likely to be affected include:
St Georges Basin
Moruya and Deua River - minor to moderate flooding
Bega River – minor to moderate flooding
Queanbeyan and Molonglo Rivers - minor flooding
What you can do now:
Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding that could impact local roads, creeks and recreational areas.
People in areas that may be impacted by flooding should prepare their properties and homes and:
• Stay up to date with information. Listen to flood warnings and follow the advice on how to protect yourself, family and property.
• Consider collecting essential items in a waterproof bag: food, water, warm clothes, medications, valuables, important documents, toys for children in case you need to leave.
• Keep your pets close by, always know where they are.
• Check on your family, friends and neighbors and share this information.
Safety is your highest priority - Never drive, walk or play in flood waters
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
For more information:
• Listen to your local ABC radio station, follow NSWSES on Facebook or www.ses.nsw.gov.au
• Latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/
• Road Closures: www.livetraffic.com.au , 132 701 or contact your Local Council.
Next Issue: The next Flood Watch will be issued by 02:00 pm EDT on Tuesday 1 March 2022.